Cancer Alliance Commissioning Forum
Chair: Alison Featherstone, Northern Cancer Alliance Manager
Vice Chair: Laura Hope, Commissioning Manager, Sunderland CCG
The purpose of the Northern Cancer Alliance Commissioning Forum is to act as the primary source of commissioning advice to the board concerning the complete cancer pathway. This extends from prevention strategies, through screening and early diagnosis, delivery of evidence based treatment, living with and beyond cancer, palliative and supportive care to end of life care.
Working in partnership with the clinical leadership group the forum will be key to the Alliances ability to drive the change needed across the region to achieve the independent cancer taskforce’s vision. The forum will assist the board in improving cancer patients’ outcomes, both in terms of survival and experience of care
- Providing advice to the Board about governance through commissioning contractual arrangements where provider organisations consistently fail to attain agreed objectives relating to compliance with national and local service specifications.
- Provide advice on how to implement the Alliance agreed recommendations by working with STP programme boards and via statutory commissioning boards.
- To review local data and metrics such as the cancer dashboard, comment on their accuracy and where possible use them to inform service improvement proposals.
- To provide a forum for the sharing of good practice, discussing local and national issues and initiatives.
- To develop the group as a partnership, agreeing the responsibilities of each member of the group in relation to each other.
- To ensure the views of patients and carers are taken into account in the planning, operation and evaluation of services.