Patient experience is an essential part of all health service provision.
It is also an important measure of the outcomes for the NHS and drives the improvement of health services, patient safety and clinical effectiveness.
The Northern Cancer Alliance is dedicated to improving the patient experience and cancer outcomes. The views and experiences of people affected by cancer are important to all aspects of the Alliance work plan.
Included in this section is the following information:
- Understanding the patient experience – The National Cancer Patient Experience Survey
- Involving the public in NHS cancer services – The rationale for involving people in cancer services and the NCA definition of public involvement.
- The NCA Framework for Public Involvement – A framework for public involvement that has been co designed by people affected by cancer and professionals from health, voluntary and community organisations.
- Community Involvement Hub – Information relating to public involvement opportunities, patient/carer groups and community organisations in the region.
- Making a difference – Examples of public involvement projects, the impact they have had on cancer services and the patient experience.