Integrated Care System
NCA combines the experience of clinicians, the input of patients and the organisational vision of NHS staff.
Cancer Alliances are non-statutory groups that exist to:
- Support the delivery of the cancer transformation agenda laid out in in the Cancer Taskforce Strategy (2015) within the North East and North Cumbria Integrated Care System (ICS)
How we fit in the system
The Northern Cancer Alliance covers the North East, North Cumbria, and Hambleton, Richmondshire and Whitby in North Yorkshire. This makes us co-terminous with both the North East and North Cumbria ICS and the Northern England Specialised Commissioning hub of NHS England.
NCA feed into the local governance arrangements of the North East and North Cumbria ICS and is the delivery arm of the ICS cancer transformation workstream.
NCA engage and work with a wide range of organisations and groups
The list below is not exhaustive but gives a selection of the organisations we work with:
- NHS England and NHS Improvement
- NHS Provider trusts
- The Third & Voluntary Sector and the Independent Sector
- NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Local authorities
- Academic Health Science Network
- Public Health England
- Health Education England
- National improvement programmes such as RightCare and Get It Right First Time
- FRESH (smoking cessation) and Balance (alcohol awareness)
- Research Networks
- Education Providers